Contractor -St. George London
PHD Hoists and Masts were chosen by St George London to provide MCWP access to their prestigious London Dock Development close to Tower Bridge.
- Restricted distance between the building and the hoarding line.
- Unable to construct MCWP in situ.
- No space to accommodate the base of the masts.
- The design brief was to minimise the number of ties into the building and or the cladding fabric.
- MCWP layout utilised the balcony brackets to attach specially designed ties.
- The balconies were attached to the building, after the external cladding was completed, from the top down using the MCWP which was progressively dismantled to accommodate access
- Scaffold supports from the ground to above the top of the hoarding were built.
- The platforms, up to 24m long, were constructed in the courtyard of the development and then lifted by crane over the building and onto the scaffold